Dear visitors to the site!
Below, we’ve gathered a list of facts about our dorm, which will help to give you a better idea of who we are and what we’re all about:
- Pater-Rupert-Mayer-Heim is a co-ed student dorm.
- Pater-Rupert-Mayer-Heim is carried out through the initiation and cooperation of our student residents. This means that the dorm is co-run by the students, and they therefore play a large part in student-life here..
- Pater-Rupert-Mayer-Heim is a non-smoking dorm.
- A total of 91 rooms are available. Only students of accredited Munich universities are eligible to apply.
- 20% of the rooms in the dorm are reserved for foreign students. In order to create a house with as many nationalities as possible, a maximum of three students per country are allowed to be living in the dorm at any one time.
- Size of the rooms: 8.5-12 m²
- Rent per month: 187 € (ca. 8,5 m²), 233 € (ca. 10 m²), 279 € (ca. 12 m ²), 3 € Electrical bill
- Additional Costs: Potential additional electricity bill (dependent upon amount used)
- Washing opportunity (warm water) in every room
- Optional phone-jack in every room alternatively: shared telephone in every hallway
- Connection to house computer network; 100Mbit/s-Computer network (LAN) with network printer (HP 4100 DTN)
- Connection possibility to Internet 100 Mbit/s-(free of charge)
Bathrooms and Kitchens
- Men and women’s showers in every hallway
- Men and women’s bathrooms in every hallway
- Shared kitches with refridgerators and freezers in every hallway
Shared common rooms:
- Common room on every floor
- Music room (rent: 2,50 Euro/month)
- Student “work shed” to be used at will
- TV room with HD-TV television
- Copy machine (duplex, single sheet organizer and sorter) in house
- Vending machines stocked with drinks
- Washing machines and dryer (coin-operated)
- Drying room with humidifier
- Bicycle stand
Jobs and Groups
Jobs and Groups
The house management untersteht dem Vorstand (Pater-Rupert-Mayer-Heim e.V.) and manages the dorm. The team consists of the Manager, the house team, the superintendent, and the financial team.
Our dorm is partly run by the students themselves, and several residents make up the house management team. Additionally, several jobs are available, which are to be filled exclusively by residents.
Speakers of the house:
Two speakers of the house represent the wishes of the residents and act as a kind of „go-between” for the residents and the house management, should this be necessary. They are elected by the residents at our annual house meeting.
Speakers of the hallways
Every wing of the house elects two speakers of the hallway per semester. These speakers are responsible for helping to solve small issues that may arise within their wing of the dorm, in order to help create harmony in their corridor.
The tutors are responsible for the entertainment and events in the dorm. They organize bar-evenings, bowling evenings, Summerfest and much more. The tutors are elected once a year at our annual house meeting and are financially supported by the house management and the wings of the house..
Beginning in June of 2000, our dorm is wired with a computer network and Internet connection. This network is planned and built from the vision of student residents. This group of students make up the IT team, and are the administrators of the net in our dorm.
There are many other smaller duties and functions to be filled within the dorm. The Copy machine, printer, and flowers must all be tended to, to name a few. The help of all residents helps to create a well-functioning student dorm. Therefore, the fulfillment of at least one job for one semester during the residency of each student is expected.